Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve flooding in the Delta

On a trip to the boat to work on the broken depth finder, I found that the rains of the past week combined with the highest tides of the year resulted in some minor flooding around the marina, and other places along Brannan Island Road. I arrived around 1:30, a couple of hours before high tide. Here's how things looked then.



The launch ramp at Korth's.


The entrance to Riverboat


The entrance to Willow Berm. Note the flower bed and holiday decorations below the sign.


Ramps going up from the parking lot


Water beginning to top the parking lot levee


Seeping over the levee

My dock had no power, so I opened the refrigerator door and took perishables out of it. I took the depth finder and went to run errands and see if I could fix it. I realized I needed to go back to the boat because I hadn't turned off the power to the fridge when I opened it. When I returned it was just about 3:30, a few minutes past high tide. Here's how things looked then.

Getting to the docks at Willow Berm required a truck